Thursday, June 11, 2009

The First of Rambling Poems: Why

So this will be my first thought i put here...so excuse my rambling and extremely terrible grammar and what-not's...but who cares?! Here goes my first post...a poem:

So why...why do we do what we do?
Why do we have to do what we do,
To fit into the "Norm,"
Or to be accepted by those and conform?
Why must we obey what is average,
When this standard I face is something I cannot manage?

So why...why do we do what we do?
Why do we have to do what we do,
To fit the outlines of an acceptable line,
In place of doing what can make us smile?
I know that some minds maybe twisted and sick,
But for the ones who are sane, why can't we that instead of this?

So why...why so we do what is demanded by the society?
Where in truth, it only separates us from the real reality?
I stray away from the line, and I'm labeled as "Weird,"
Even though i stray only a few feet from there.
At times, I may go, out there into space,
but tis not like I'm leaving without a trace.

So why...why do we do what is "normal" instead of "us,"
Where we can better fulfill our inside lust?
Not that of perversion, but that of a need,
But instead to be bored in our society.
Of course we need standards, but really that so strict?
Like where talking so loudly is seen as crossing the line of this.

So why...why do I ramble when my voice will be silenced?
Since people will think that I'm crazy and violent.
Where I'm peaceful, but I have my outbursts of energy,
And I seem to release it inappropriately.
But not in violence, or in committing a felon,
but as in running around and talking at a voice volume of eleven.

So why...why can we just show our true personalities?
I guess it will just be a too dangerous sight to see...

Disclaimer: I wrote this from being punished by a teacher for talking loudly in class when it was the last day of school and nothing was happening...PLUS I had an outburst of energy and emotion

No comments:

Post a Comment